Thursday, June 24, 2010

Fragile my foot.

[Orville's note: Names have been changed for the sake of privacy. Then again, if Snowl was really concerned about keeping things quiet, she wouldn't bother posting anything in this blog. But that's just my opinion. And what do I know since I'm just an owl.]


Snowl: So guess who's in here chatting with Mr. Boss...? I feel like my turf has been invaded. Must prepare minions for sneak attack on danger-danger.


Renee: Wait a min... you mean cleavage girl?


Snowl: No, lol. I meant our fun-dangerous male friend. I'm officially invited over for the evening again. super. Renee, SAVE ME FROM MYSELF! AUGHHHHHH!


Renee: There is no help for you.


Snowl: That's what I was afraid of.


~~~


So I was recently buried alive beneath a suffocating mound of blankets and then sat upon by my arch rival in taking over the world. As he snickered gleefully at his little ploy, I dramatically emerged from the depths to strike at his weakest point--the tickle spot. [Of which he has many.] As said arch-rival scampered away in giggly defeat, I of course gave chase--who wouldn't?--only to have him bow out ever-so-humbly by saying he refused to partake in such play with a girl since girls were more fragile than boys. 


Fragile my foot! You just knew I'd win this tickle-fight!


*simmergrumblesimmer*


Since when is it okay to sit upon suffocating females but not okay to let them tickle you to pieces?? The injustice. bah. 


I feel the need to say thank you to another of my friends who has proved very helpful in the editing process of my book [that she might actually finish in another ten years or so]. Besides the comments that rip my main character to shreds, he has actually been very helpful in working out some of the kinks I've been stuck on (yay for rewriting chapter 4! again!) and catching smaller things I overlooked (changed ack-centz any-von?).


During this editing process said editing friend has given me wonderful insight into the male psyche [since Snowl is female she tends to need all the help she can get in this department]. Overall, Mr. Ef (editing friend, as he shall now be called) was (dare I say?) impressed with the reactions of my main character [despite his repeat stupidity] in how he would interact with a new female interest. Mr. Ef then gave me a multi-page breakdown of what exactly was going through said character's mind on each smile, look or word from the new female character. It was quite insightful, I must say. 


So of course, as with all fun reading/writing, I then tried to see how much of this new knowledge [the girl was handed a freakin' gem of information] on the page really applied to real life. And the results of this inside scoop? 


I have concluded that insecure males simply need to buck up and realize that if they want something, they need to freakin' grow some [*ahem*] and pursue it. (or in this case, her.) [Ouch.] Seriously though! How long does a guy expect a girl to wait around for him to decide if he's interested or not? This isn't rocket science! Generally speaking, most girls know within five seconds whether or not they'd date a guy. We're really not nearly as complicated as people make us out to be. [Yes, but Snowl...] No buts! Ok, ok, sometimes getting to know a guy better will shift that initial call (quite likely for the better, if a guy is bothering to put time into pursuing a girl), but in general, all the excess mind games of trying to figure out how interested a girl is are quite unnecessary. If anything, those excess stall games will only cause great confusion and annoyance on the girl's part and do more harm than good. Especially if the girl is impatient. [Like you.] Like me. Wait, no. [Ha!] 


So long story short, bluntness is generally the best option. Like a girl? Tell her. Know a girl likes you but don't return the feelings? Tell her. That way she doesn't have to keep wondering and waste time/emotions on it. Just be honest. We can handle it, really. We're not as fragile as we look. 

1 comment: